Tuesday 10 March 2020

Review: The Twenty-Three

The Twenty-Three The Twenty-Three by Linwood Barclay
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The Twenty-Three is the third book in Linwood Barclay’s Promise Falls series, and it’s my favourite of the three. Although I’m a big fan of Linwood Barclay, I’m going to be honest and say this series has disappointed me. It’s not my favourite, but I remained curious to see how it played out.

With The Twenty-Three we have a three-point-five-star rating. At first, I thought it would be another book that I wasn’t crazy about. Once things started to move, I found myself hooked. Towards the end, however, I found myself disappointed again. I enjoyed it the most out of the three books, but I still wanted more.

A lot has happened across the series, and I expected big things from this one. There were many big reveals and some shocks, but for the biggest mysteries of the series I was disappointed. I had worked out too many of the elements early in the series, which left me disappointed when they were revealed in the manner they were. Add in the fact so many things were left open and never quite explained, and I’ll only be reading book four in the hope of seeing how certain elements come together.

All in all, The Twenty-Three was a great addition to the series, but it’s not enough to make this series a favourite.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment