Tuesday 31 March 2020

Review: Miss Austen

Miss Austen Miss Austen by Gill Hornby
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

If asked for their favourite classic, a lot of people will name an Austen book. I’ve never been such a person, but that did not stop me from being interested in Miss Austen. I’m always happy to find out more about the past, especially when it’s done through mixing fact and fiction, but I think this is one of those books best read if you’re an Austen fan.

Rather than focusing on the best-known Austen, Miss Austen focuses on Cassandra. We get some information from early in life, but most focuses on her later years. There were many things that had me wanting to read on, but I was never sucked complete in.

I believe this was due to the fact I wasn’t quite the right audience. However, I’m sure fans of Austen will find this homage to the sisters enjoyable.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment