Friday 27 March 2020

Review: Easy to Fall

Easy to Fall Easy to Fall by W. Winters
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Easy to Fall is the final book in the Hard to Love series, and I have very mixed feelings about this one. I wanted to give this one a three-star rating, but something that really annoys me happened with this one and I found I could not bring myself to round up my rating.

Throughout the Hard to Love series, readers have needed to be aware of an entire universe created by the author. A lot of knowledge is needed, but with this one I finally thought I was wrapping my head around the information. In fact, I was curious to see how everything came together.

Then the thing that annoys me happened. The story came to an end for these characters, but there are still questions remaining about the overarching storyline. At no point was there a warning this would happen. I feel as though I read a series, only for a conclusion to never come.

Sure, I enjoyed the way certain elements played out for our main characters. There were some interesting twists and details I enjoyed watching. However, it was not enough to remove the fact I feel cheated by the lack of solid conclusion. If I had been aware of this from the start, I would not have committed myself to the series without first having made myself aware of the entire world.

I’m sure anyone that has read the other books in the Cross world will enjoy this one, but for someone that has only read the Hard to Love series, Easy to Fall could very well cause some disappointment. I know it did for me, as I was hoping everything would be tied up with this one.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment