Monday 26 June 2017

Review: At Last

At Last At Last by Cynthia Roberts
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

At Last is the fifth song in the Love Sing Standards series, and as with the prior books it was a wonderful read. I’m going to be honest and say it is not my favourite read – Can’t Help Falling In Love holds that title – but it is certainly up there in my top three reads of this series. Now the series is really flowing, it has reached a high that I believe shall remain consistent throughout the books.

Note, although this is book five, it is perfectly fine to read this book as a standalone novel. Each book is a standalone read, there is no reason for you to read them in order, but I would suggest you do so. You can really see how the series develops, you get to experience how the series is growing and finding its footing with each book that is added. Whatever your views on jumping into a series of standalone books, I certainly recommend you jump into this series.

Cant’s Help Falling In Love, book four, had a rather romantic suspense feel to the story. Whilst At Last has some of these elements, it much more in line with the prior books in the series. There is still the suspense and dire situations, yet we tone back somewhat on the horrors our characters face. With this one, we’re once again given a true to life romance. There is hardship, yes, but there are many positive emotions to be found throughout the day-to-day rituals of the characters.

What I really love about this series is how real the characters and storylines are. You do not need a dire situation to find true love – you just need to find that special someone, and that is what this series shows. There are difficulties to face, things will not always run smoothly, yet it is worth it in the end. Such is what this book shows: the fear to be found in everyday life, the troubles face through job choices, and yet there is love shining throughout.

It really is refreshing to see relationships dealt with in this way, especially considering our male lead has a high stress job. Most of the time such a job will lead to over the top events bringing the characters together, but this story simply shows life as it truly is.

Another wonderful addition to the series. Again, I became truly invested in the characters and story, unable to tear myself away until I got to see how everything played out. I cannot wait to see what book six brings.

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the beautiful review, Siobhan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with me! (:

      Delete