Tuesday 27 June 2017

Review: Scandal

Scandal Scandal by Athena Grayson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Before I go into a deep review of Scandal, I wish to make a quick point. The three star rating is a rounded down rating. I had a huge internal battle of whether I was going to round my three-point-five star rating up or whether I would round it down. In the end, I opted to round this down. For many, it will be an easy four-star rating, yet I decided to hold off on that four-star rating as I believe book two will easily pull such a rating from me and I have no wish to lessen that potential four star rating through rounding this one up. I’m sure many will consider it strange logic, yet it is how I’ve been working with my ratings as of late.

Scandal is an interesting first book in a new series that promises to grab the attention of many. There are so many possibilities opened up for where this series will head, so many things I wish to see, and I cannot wait to jump into the future books. I have so many questions I need answering. There are so many things I wish to see play out. All in all, it has left me with very high hopes of where the future books will take us. The possibilities seem endless with this one, I dare not make any kind of guesses as to what to expect next.

I’ll be completely honest with you, though – it does take a bit of time to get into this one. For the first couple of chapters I was confused. It took me a while to wrap my head around everything – the characters, the setting, and the events. I knew something was happening, but it took a while before I was able to understand what this was exactly. Due to this, I will offer a warning – hold out with this one. It may take you a while to be pulled in, you may not understand everything straight away, but once things start clicking into place you’re pulled under the spell of the story.

There really is so much going on with this one. Multiple storylines are wonderfully interwoven in this one, taking you on a crazy adventure. One element of the story is pivotal for this book, yet so many different elements are brought in. Everything comes together so well, so many things are introduced, and you just know there is so much goodness to come in the future.

Due to this, a lot of this book is build up. There is plenty of action, a lot of things take place, but you’re left with the feeling that all that takes place in this one is simply a prelude to much larger events to come. There are some goodies to be found in this, yet I solidly believe the glimmers of the future we have been given promise seriously dire events.

Overall, I’m excited to see where this series will take us.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment