Sunday 25 June 2017

Review: The Girl from the Woods

The Girl from the Woods The Girl from the Woods by Chris Keane
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

The Girl from the Woods is a book I expected to really enjoy. The synopsis grabbed me and the reviews were great. Unfortunately, I’m part of the minority, as I did not enjoy this one.

Don’t get me wrong I didn’t hate this book. There were some good moments to be found. However, the book was not at all what I had been hoping for. I wanted to be pulled into the story from the very beginning, yet I wasn’t. I wanted a romance I would adore, yet I never really cared much for the romance. I wanted a paranormal read that would leave me with all kind of crazy emotions, yet the paranormal element seemed to take a backseat. All in all, I wanted more from this one.

I think a large part of my issue with the story is that I expected more depth from this one. It’s a very quick read, but even for a quick read, there isn’t quite the depth I would have liked. Things hit you one after the other – they just are, without much by way of explanation. I found myself questioning too much, I found myself unable to buy into a number of aspects of the story, which in turn prevented me from enjoying the way things came together.

It had potential, but for me it didn’t quite deliver.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment