Wednesday 7 June 2017

Review: Can't Help Falling In Love

Can't Help Falling In Love Can't Help Falling In Love by Cynthia Roberts
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Can’t Help Falling In Love is the fourth book in the Love Song Standards series, and it’s left me with a single solid belief: this series just keeps getting better. I liked the first book, the second book I enjoyed even more, the third book I was addicted to, and this book had a real wow feel about it. Should you decide to read the Love Song Standards series, know you do not need to read the books in order; however, reading them in order allows you to see how the series is going from strength to strength with each book.

Can’t Help Falling In Love starts off as a sweet second chance at love story. After years apart, our characters cross paths through our leading lady’s job as a teacher. At first, I thought it would be a bit of a cliché. After all, there are many stories of this ilk out there. A couple of chapters later, however, I was shown otherwise. The story quickly goes from being sweet to being a thrilling read. We’re pulled into action, thrown into dire events, and you’re gripped as you to wait to see how the story plays out. It was this thriller factor that made the story my favourite of the series so far – I have a real love for thrillers, and whilst this wasn’t a hardboiled thriller it had enough elements to feel like a romantic suspense novel. There’s a lot of action, things move quickly, and you cannot put the book down – all positives in my mind.

The story also comes with an adorable side character. I find in books the use of a child can go one of two ways – they can either really add to the story or they feel forced. With Can’t Help Falling In Love, we have a case of the former. The child in this story was wonderful. I cannot stress how adorable he was – his innocence, his joy, and all the other goodness you find with children. Central to the storyline, I came to really enjoy this element of the story.

As I’ve stated, this is my favourite of all the books so far. All the elements you find in the previous books are increased tenfold in this story, creating a story you cannot put down. From the very first page, you’re lost to the story. When the story reaches the end, you’re left wanting more. You become so invested in the characters and their story that you cannot help but want more.

With the series going from strength to strength, I can only imagine what book five will bring. I’m positive it will be a knock out.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment