Tuesday 6 June 2017

Review: Nightmares of the Queen

Nightmares of the Queen Nightmares of the Queen by Jacqueline Patricks
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Dreams of the Queen ended in such a way that I instantly picked up Nightmares of the Queen. I needed more of the world I’d fallen so in love with, I needed answers to what came next, and I needed another dose of the wonderful story I’d found myself so addicted to in the first book.

I was not disappointed by this second book.

In fact, if the truth is to be known, I enjoyed this second book even more than I enjoyed the first. Everything I loved about the first book was increased tenfold in this one. My level of addiction increased (something I had not deemed possible), my love for the characters grew (I went from enjoying the characters to having full on fangirl feels about characters), and my enjoyment of the storyline became even greater than before (I went from being crazy about knowing what came next to being obsessed with where the storyline was heading). All in all, this was everything you could hope for from a second book.

The story continues on from the twist given at the end of the first book, throwing us into two worlds following disastrous events. If you thought things had been bad at the end of the first book – well, things can only get worse in this one. What was supposed to lead to good has resulted in bad, what was supposed to go well has not gone as planned, and there are so many new elements opened up to this story.

With the first book, I found quite a few elements to be rather predictable. I worked out more things than I would have liked when it came to the bigger picture. The little things kept me guessing though, and for that I was grateful. With this book, I found myself second-guessing everything. You’re never quite sure where things are going to go, each new element taking the story in unexpected directions. Telling yourself to expect the unexpected will do you no good, though, as even that will fail to prepare you for all that comes in this book.

Honestly, the story reaches new heights in this book. I cannot begin to express how much I loved this book. Watching things develop in the way they did – there is such development for both the storyline and the characters – I found myself unable to put the book down. I consumed this book in no time, unable to get enough.

Once again, we have an ending that leaves you wanted more. If I thought the first ending was bad, this is even worse. There is no way for you to finish this book and not want to pick up the final part of the series – by this point it’s vital you know how the story ends.

Without a doubt, this series hits hard. The only thing I can tell you is to pick it up, and to do so now.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment