Tuesday 11 December 2018

Review: Abducting Casey

Abducting Casey Abducting Casey by Cheryl Yeko
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I’ve really enjoyed Cheryl Yeko’s work when she’s writing as Cici Cordelia with Char Chaffin and have been meaning to read the two author’s individual work for some time. As I had Abducting Casey sitting on my Kindle, I decided I would start with Cheryl Yeko before going on to read Char Chaffin.

Although I enjoyed Abducting Casey, it wasn’t quite what I had hoped it would be. It gives us a story that has been done a few times before, and as it’s one of my favourites I went in expecting to be wowed. I was addicted to see how things played out, sure, but I wasn’t as crazy about Abducting Casey as I have been about the Cici Cordelia reads I have read.

I can see where Cheryl Yeko influenced the Cici Cordelia books, though, and I am of the believe I’m likely to enjoy other Cheryl Yeko books. I think my problem is this one wasn’t quite for me, with it being a bit too insta-love for my liking. I much prefer to watch things slowly develop between the characters, yet in this one the emotions hit almost straight away and took away from the thing I enjoy most about such stories.

I’ll certainly give other Cheryl Yeko books a read, though, as I think it was a case of Abducting Casey not quite being to my taste rather than a reflection of Cheryl Yeko that had me enjoying this one less than expected.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment