Saturday 22 December 2018

Review: Dear Neighbor

Dear Neighbor Dear Neighbor by River Laurent
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Numerous River Laurent books have grabbed my attention, yet Dear Neighbor is the one I always came back to, it’s the one I most wanted to read. At long last, I’ve finally given it a read.

In truth, this one is more of a three-point-five-star rating rather than the three-star rating I gave it. It was fun, but I had hoped for a bit more from it. It had me addicted, sure, but I feel as though the story was never taken quite as far as it could have been. I think a part of me is comparing my enjoyment of this one to my enjoyment of Cinderella.com, and as this one wasn’t quite as enjoyable I ended up feeling a wee bit let down.

Without a doubt, Dear Neighbor is a fun little read. It’s addictive and fun in all the best ways, keeping you entertained and desperate to see what happens. You’re sucked into the drama, and more than willing to lose yourself to the story. However, I feel as though we only touched the surface layer of what could have been. The information at the end, in particular, felt as though it appeared and then was done with. The resolution was too easy, and I’d just wanted a bit more.

Overall, I enjoyed this one, but not to the degree I had hoped to.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment