Saturday 29 December 2018

Review: Anchored

Anchored Anchored by Deirdre Riordan Hall
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

After enjoying Deirdre Riordan Hall’s Tide, I was interested in seeing what Anchored did for the series. With such a unique take on mermaids, with something that left me so addicted to the story, I was eager for more.

Although I enjoyed Anchored, I did not enjoy it quite as much as I enjoyed Tide. In truth, this is more of a three-point-five-star read. It was fun, I enjoyed the way things came together, and I was happy to devour the book; however, it didn’t wow me to quite the same degree as the first book.

With Anchored, we get more of the wonderful world we were introduced to in the first book. We’re sucked in ever deeper, with plenty of new elements being introduced. Things we were curious about were explained and taken further, new elements were introduced, and things come together so well. It was so great to see all the different aspects and the way they interacted, even if I did think things came a together a bit too easily in the end.

Without a doubt, this one builds well on the prior book. There were plenty of unexpected elements to ensure we were happy to keep turning the pages, giving us a wonderful conclusion to the storyline.

After enjoying this duology, I’m certainly willing to read more Deirdre Riordan Hall.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment