Friday 14 December 2018

Review: It Ends With Us

It Ends With Us It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Colleen Hoover is an author so many of my friends seem to enjoy, yet I’ve constantly avoided her books for reasons I’m not quite sure of. I think they’ve never appealed to me to such a degree that I felt the need to pick one up instead of another author. Thus, I see review everywhere but never picked one up.

Recently, everyone has been going crazy over Verity. To me, Verity sounds extremely close to Alessandra Torre’s The Ghostwriter, a book I really enjoyed. Thus, I’ve found myself curious about a Colleen Hoover book. I’m curious to see how similar the two are. As I could not get my hands on Verity just yet, I decided to introduce myself to Collen Hoover through another of her books.

Thus, I opted to dive into It Ends With Us.

It Ends With Us is probably the Colleen Hoover book I have heard the most about. So many people have said good things about it, and before Verity it was the one I was most interested in. Therefore, I was more than willing to borrow it from the library.

In no time at all, I found myself addicted to It Ends With Us. There was so much more to this book than I’d initially expected, leaving me to experience all kinds of things throughout. In fact, it’s one of those rare books where I found myself getting a bit misty eyed towards the end.

It Ends With Us deals with a very real topic and does so well. I work with people who have been in such situations, and plenty of the comments made throughout this book reflected things I have heard at work. The fact Colleen Hoover was able to draw upon family experience when writing this reflects through in the story.

Honestly, I could say so much about this one, but as I’m late to the party (so late, the party is over), everything has been said before.

Just know, It Ends With Us has certainly left me curious about other Colleen Hoover books. I’ll certainly be picking up more in the future.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment