Monday 10 December 2018

Review: Skin Deep

Skin Deep Skin Deep by Brandon Sanderson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Legion was my introduction to Brandon Sanderson, and if I’m honest it did not wow me in the way I had hoped. However, I’d borrowed the Legion collection from the library and I was willing to dive into the second book.

I can honestly say I enjoyed Skin Deep a lot more than I enjoyed Legion. I had so much more fun with this one, feeling as though there was a lot more to the story. The things that had intrigued me so much in the first book were amplified in this one, sucking me in ever deeper. Add in the fact there was more to this story, we have a lot more happening, and I was addicted throughout.

Without a doubt, Skin Deep gave me a much better idea of what I can expect when I dive into a full-length Brandon Sanderson novel. Although Skin Deep is much shorter than his usual work, it certainly delivered plenty of the things people had me expecting from the author.

Not to mention Skin Deep left me super eager to dive into the final book in the Legion series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment