Monday 17 December 2018

Review: Kissing booth

Kissing booth Kissing booth by River Laurent
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Since reading River Laurent’s Cinderella.com, I’ve been meaning to dive into more of the author’s work. With how much I enjoyed Cinderella.com, I had high hopes for my next River Laurent read. Although it took a while, I finally worked my way around to Kissing Booth.

Kissing Booth was an adorable read. It was quick and easy to get through, making it perfect for those looking for a quick and enjoyable read. Although I gave this a three-star rating, it’s more of a three-point-five-star rating. I certainly enjoyed it, yet I had been hoping for a little bit more.

You see, whilst this had all kinds of cuteness, I feel as though it didn’t quite have the depth I would have liked it to have. I feel as though we only touched the surface of the fun we could have had with this story. I certainly fell in love with it – I liked the characters, I enjoyed their drama, and the cute little twist at the end was great – but I constantly felt like there could have been a bit more. Therefore, I really enjoyed it, but it wasn’t quite enough for me to fall completely in love with it.

I will, however, be reading more River Laurent in the future. This wasn’t quite as enjoyable as Cinderella.com, but it was close. The fact I’ve really enjoyed one River Laurent book and found this one to be adorable leaves me with the belief I’ll enjoy other River Laurent books. After all, many have grabbed my attention.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment