Monday 3 December 2018

Review: The Ocean Between Us

The Ocean Between Us The Ocean Between Us by Michelle Heard
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The Ocean Between Us is the first book in Michelle Heard’s Southern Heroes series, and my feelings towards this one are rather mixed. I wanted to love this, I really did, but in the end I couldn’t give it higher than a three-star rating – sure, there were a couple of moments where I thought I could give a four-star rating, yet there were also those moments when I considered giving a two-star rating.

I think my issue is that this story fell flat, for me. It had many layers to enjoy, but I do not feel as though the emotion ever reached the level it should have. I was constantly intrigued to see what came next, curious to see how everything came together, but I never felt any of the strong emotions I should have.

Considering how many topics are dealt with in this book, with many of these topics being heavy, I should have felt something. Even the chemistry between the two characters felt flat. There was a smile put on my face on a couple of occasions, through the male lead, but it was not enough to leave me feeling the chemistry between the two.

All in all, this was an interesting story but it failed to deliver the emotional impact I’d been hoping for.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment