Thursday 20 December 2018

Review: Sugar Plum'd

Sugar Plum'd Sugar Plum'd by Leon Mauvais
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Sugar Plum’d is one of those books where I was intrigued because I was uncertain as to what I was going to receive. Leon Mauvais offered something original, and I was curious as to how it would play out.

In truth, my feelings towards this are rather mixed. I was curious enough to keep reading, but I was never sucked completely into the story. It was original and filled with a unique type of festive cheer, but it did not wow me in the way I had expected it to.

With Sugar Plum’d we have a very interesting idea, one that had a lot of potential. However, I feel as though it was never as fleshed out as it could have been. I feel as though we were on the edge of finding something really fun, yet the back and forth in the story meant it was never explained in as much detail as it could have been.

Overall, this was okay for a quick read, but it didn’t quite hit the spot.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment