Monday 3 December 2018

Review: Saga, Vol. 1

Saga, Vol. 1 Saga, Vol. 1 by Brian K. Vaughan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I’ve said it before when reviewing other graphic novels, but I’m not the biggest fan of them. In fact, I mostly avoid them. However, every so often I get the urge to try another. As my last foray into a graphic novel resulted in a hidden gem, one I adored, I decided to give another one a go. Thus, I opted to dive into Saga. I have heard countless great things about Brian K. Vaughan’s Saga series, so I decided it was time to take a leap.

In truth, this first volume of Saga, containing chapters one through six, was more of a three-point-five-star rating rather than the rounded down three-star rating I gave it. It was bizarre, in the best of ways. I knew going in that it was a wild story, but I wasn’t quite prepared for all I was given.

Although there is a great storyline to follow, we also have numerous weird and wonderful things to enjoy as we ride the wave. Some things will leave you laughing, some will have you doing a double take, and others will simply have you blinking at the pages. All these elements were addictive in the best kind of ways, leaving me curious as to how everything will tie together.

It is no surprise to find Saga volume one left me wanting to read the second volume.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment