Sunday 9 December 2018

Review: Pulling Strings

Pulling Strings Pulling Strings by Nick DeWolf
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I love a good thriller but have recently found a lot of books labelled as thriller are simply dramas. Due to this, I have not been reading as many thrillers as I once did. However, when a seemingly interesting thriller grabs my attention, I’m more than happy to dive in. Such was the case with Nick DeWolf’s Pulling Strings.

I had high hopes for Pulling Strings – it promised one of the things I most love, a supernatural thriller – and I was not disappointed.

This was not a drama, this was pure thriller. It was exactly what a thriller should be. Action, suspense, thrills, chills, mystery, and all the goodness that has you turning the pages at a rapid pace. Once I started this one I found it impossible to put down, I was sucked into the story and lost to all that was taking place. It was addictive on so many levels, in all the best ways, and I’m eager to dive into more of Nick DeWolf’s work.

With Pulling Strings, the thriller aspect and the supernatural are blended together in a wonderful way. It isn’t a horror in the classic sense of a horror novel – I’m thinking eighties horror where we had real spooks – but I can easily imaging people putting this into the horror category. For me, I view it more as a chiller. It is a thriller with more chills than usual, the kind of read that will have you looking over your shoulder in case the supernatural world is around you.

There is no doubt in my mind, this book is perfect for fans of supernatural thrillers. It is wonderfully written, the characters are wonderful, the story is addictive, and it has everything necessary to keep you hooked from the very first until the very last page. With countless layers to enjoy, you’ll be sucked into so many different elements of the story.

I’ve said it once, but I’m going to say it again, I need more Nick DeWolf. Nick DeWolf’s Frightfully Ever After sounds wonderful, and I’m certainly eager to dive in, but I have no wish to stop there – as soon as Nick DeWolf releases more work in the future, I’ll be looking to dive in.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment