Monday 3 December 2018

Review: The Frame-Up

The Frame-Up The Frame-Up by Meghan Scott Molin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Sometimes you come across a book which sounds mildly interesting, only to be blown away when it turns out to be everything you could have hoped for and then some more. Such was the case with The Frame-Up. Sure, I was intrigued. It sounded like a lot of fun, like something I would really enjoy, but I did not expect to fall as head over heels in love with it as I did.

In fact, I went above and beyond being addicted to this one. I adored it, I could not get enough, and I am desperate to get my hands on the second Golden Arrow book.

Seriously, give me The Queen Con now and I’ll be extremely happy.

Megan Scott Molin had me hooked from the very first page. I was a goner, unable to put the book down. With every page I turned, I found myself sucked in ever deeper. I was lost to this book on so many levels, powering my way through so many things I adore.

A cosy little mystery? Check. An adorable romance? Check. Fabulous characters? Check. Humour that is actually funny and not just a label to lure people in? Check. Numerous geeky references? Countless checks. I could go on, I could list so many other things, but all you need to know this book had me on so many levels. I was in love with all that was going on, and putting the book down was impossible. I wanted more, and I refused to let real life interrupt.

In fact, this is one of those cases where my rating is more of a four-point-five-star rating rather than the four-star rating I gave it. Anyone who follows my reviews is probably rolling their eyes right now, sighing that such has happened again. It’s always the little things that hold me back from giving a five-star rating, and such was the case here.

As much as I enjoyed the geeky references, I feel as though some of them are going to result in the book aging badly. There are plenty of classic references, the kind that will hold out in geek cultures for years to come, yet others are very much a product of the current times. I enjoy current references as much as the next person, but I know from reading other popular books with such references after the fad has ended that such books do not have the same impact as they could years down the line.

Nevertheless, I adored The Frame-Up on countless levels. I was cooing and giggling my way through this one, addicted and in love on so many levels.

Without a doubt, I’ll be grabbing book two as soon as it is out. Sure, I have an idea where certain plot lines are going – some elements were a bit on the obvious side, meaning there are likely to be a few predictable aspects to the second book – yet such has failed to dampen my eagerness.

I need book two, and I need it soon.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment