Saturday 15 December 2018

Review: REN: Reposed

REN: Reposed REN: Reposed by Brittany Quagan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed Brittany Quagan’s REN: Awakened and was eager to dive into book two, desperate to see where REN: Reposed took the story. Although I did enjoy REN: Reposed, I wasn’t quite as crazy about this second book as I was the first.

In truth, my three-star rating is a rounded down three-point-five-star rating. I believe the rounding down is more a reflection of my recent reading mood rather than a reflection of the story – you see, I’ve been finding it rather difficult to be impressed with books lately, even those I should be loving. If I’d read this when in a better reading mood, it’s possible I would have rounded up instead.

With REN: Reposed, we continued the story given to us in book one. We’re thrown even deeper into the world, with plenty of new things coming to light. At first, I was unsure where the story was going to take us. I felt as though things we happening, but things weren’t really moving in the way I had been expecting them to. After a while, things started to move at a better rate, providing things that really moved the story forward. Once I was part way through the book, once things had really started to happen, I found myself intrigued.

Even though I did find the start of this book a bit more difficult to get through than I would have liked – it was interesting, but I wasn’t crazy about the direction things were heading in – I found the later parts of the book really made up for it. When things are introduced to us later in the book, they add a lot to the story – not just this book, but the overall series. With plenty of interesting new elements thrown in, I found myself addicted.

I’m certainly curious to see what book three brings, as the ending to this one has left me super curious about what comes next.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment