Saturday 8 December 2018

Review: Legion

Legion Legion by Brandon Sanderson
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Brandon Sanderson is one of those authors who has caught my attention on countless occasions, yet I never know where to start with his books. So many sound amazing, and I’m a tiny bit confused about what is the best order to read the books in. In the end, I decided to dive into one of his books that are not part of the much bigger universe. Thus, I jumped into Legion.

Time for me to throw out an unpopular opinion: this one failed to wow me.

I’ve heard so many great things about Brandon Sanderson, and with Legion I failed to experience any of those big ‘wow’ moments everyone had me expecting. I cannot deny Legion was an interesting notion, but it didn’t quite deliver what I had been hoping for. I went along with it waiting for something huge to happen, but it was simply a quick read that only touched upon the surface of what could have been.

I think part of it is my views towards short stories – they very rarely manage to wow me in the way tomes do. It’s this fact that has me believing I’ll enjoy the author’s other work a lot more – after all, I could see the potential with this one, and fully believe there must be a reason why there are legions of fans.

Tangent – I will not apologise for that horrible pun.

When it comes to Legion, I am curious to see what happens next. I borrowed The Many Lives of Stephen Leeds from the library, meaning I have the whole collection and will continue reading. Had I picked up just this novella, though, I would not have been continuing the story.

My fingers are crossed I enjoy my future Brandon Sanderson reads a lot more.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment