Wednesday 13 November 2019

Review: A Critical Tangent

A Critical Tangent A Critical Tangent by Reily Garrett
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A Critical Tangent is the first book in Reily Garrett’s new series, Moonlight and Murder, and it sets up the series well. It contains all the things Reily Garrett does well, ensuring you’ll be happy to devour it in no time at all and will be desperate for book two.

As is regularly the case with a Reily Garrett book, before I go any further, I just wished to make a quick note. I’m fortunate enough to beta read for Reily Garrett, lucky enough to get an insight in how these books develop. However, this does not influence my rating in any way. The beta reading process is a lot of fun, but I keep my ratings of the final book completely separate from the beta reading process. My rating is a reflection of what I have read, not my status as a beta reader, and the four-star rating shows this is a great book.

As always, Reily Garrett sucked me into this story from the start. You’re pulled in deep, curious to see how all the pieces come together. It offers all the things you hope for when reading a romantic suspense – action, intrigue, mystery, and great chemistry between the characters – making it a book that grabs you on multiple levels. With plenty happening throughout and details being introduced throughout the story, it keeps you turning the pages and unable to put it down.

Although not my favourite Reily Garrett read, A Critical Tangent is another fabulous example of Reily Garrett’s ability to create an addictive romantic suspense.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment