Wednesday 27 November 2019

Review: Fault Lines

Fault Lines Fault Lines by Joanne Macgregor
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I adored Joanne Macgregor’s Turtle Walk and Rock Steady, with the two books leaving me super eager for the final Ecowarriors book. Although I loved Fault Lines, it’s also one of those cases where I would have been happy for more. It was a wonderful ending to the series, yet I would have been happy to read more about the characters and their lives, such is the fun I’ve had with them.

With Fault Lines, Joanne Macgregor once again gives a story that grips readers. With this one, things are a bit different. Instead of everything being peachy throughout, we get to see a lot of ups and downs. In particular, we get to see the differences in opinions between the characters. For me, this was wonderful. It’s so rare to see this in such stories, with characters usually all sharing the same views. I loved how realistic this one was, showing how differences can exist and friendship can still blossom.

Although the story itself works perfectly fine alone, I do recommend reading the prior books for the most enjoyment. The issues handled in this book are done so well, and make for powerful messages, but they will hit harder if you have come to know and love the characters through the prior books. With this one you get answers to some lingering questions from the prior books along with getting to see the wonderful way in which the characters reach their ‘happy for now’ point.

All in all, Fault Lines was a fabulous conclusion to the Ecowarriors series. The series is well worth the read, highlighting Joanne Macgregor’s ability to captivate readers with wonderful stories and powerful messages. Although I’m sad to say goodbye to the series, I have a couple of Joanne Macgregor books I still need to read, and the knowledge I have more enjoyment ahead lessens the pain and has me ready to dive into my remaining Joanne Macgregor reads.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment