Tuesday 5 November 2019

Review: The Gifts Of Life

The Gifts Of Life The Gifts Of Life by Oliver Smuhar
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I hate being the first person to leave a review that is not glowing, but in the case of The Gifts of Life the book simply wasn’t for me. I’m sure it will be for many others, as there are plenty of things that will leave readers happy to power through the book, but in my case it wasn’t the kind of book I’m crazy about.

I think the biggest thing is that the book was much younger than I expected. I’m extremely picky about my young adult reads, as I prefer it when books deal with heavier issues and are darker, and in this case the book didn’t fall into the category I enjoy. It was too young adult, making it great for other readers but meaning I was not lost to it. As it was, I found I could not get invested in the characters even though I was curious about the development of the story.

As I said, however, this is just me. The book wasn’t quite for me and due to that I found myself skimming at points, which I hate to do. For others, I’m sure the book will be great, as there is no denying there is potential for Oliver Smuhar’s future.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment