Saturday 23 November 2019

Review: Out of Love

Out of Love Out of Love by R.C. Boldt
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

R.C. Boldt is an author who loves to have characters pop up throughout her books, and this has resulted in me wanting to read all her work. In truth, I would have read them all anyway – I love her writing and stories, they ensure I want more – but the fact characters pop up regularly helped to direct me towards which Boldt book I would read next.

After reading and enjoying Too Good at Goodbyes, I was left curious about Foster Kavanaugh. Thus, Out of Love became my next R.C. Boldt read. Although I adored this one, a part of me wishes I’d read the Teach Me series first. There are so many characters in this one I was curious about, and I wish I’d read their stories first. Not that it took away from this one, I simply would have liked to read things in order. Of course, it just means as soon as I’ve finished reading Out of the Ashes I’m going to go and read the Teach Me series.

Despite my desire to have read the Teach Me series to know more about the side characters, Out of Love was a wonderful read. It is not my favourite R.C. Boldt read – there were elements in this one I would have liked to see developed a bit more – but it contains the usual Boldt goodness. I was grinning and laughing at many points, I was hit with all the feels, and had to devour this one. It pulls you right in, keeping you hooked throughout.

Add in the fact there are side characters whose stories have yet to be told, and I know the Out of… series is going to be another addictive series from R.C. Boldt.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment