Friday 1 November 2019

Review: Perfect Kill

Perfect Kill Perfect Kill by Helen Sarah Fields
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Perfect Kill is the sixth book in the D.I. Callanch series, and I had to dive right into it the moment I finished Perfect Crime. I needed to see what came next for Luc, I needed to see how the new mystery would develop, and such left me devouring this one in a single sitting. I could not put it down, I was hooked.

Once again, Helen Fields has given a mystery that has you sucked in deep from the very first page. There are multiple elements to this story, leaving you to try and piece together how all the elements go together. With the elements playing out across both Scotland and France, you get to see a lot of all the characters we have come to love. Add in the details of what is happening to the victims, and the book grips you in multiple ways.

It’s not only a great mystery, Perfect Kill also continues the personal story we’ve been watching build throughout the series. There were elements introduced in this one that I did not expect, and it’s left me curious to see how things will progress in the future books. In fact, there was a lot of development for multiple characters, and it’s pulled me ever deeper into their lives.

With a twisted crime that keeps you hooked and the personal touches that leave you invested in the characters, Perfect Kill is guaranteed to leave you desperate for the next book in the series. I simply wish I could jump right into it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment