Monday 18 November 2019

Review: Rock Steady

Rock Steady Rock Steady by Joanne Macgregor
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Rock Steady is the second book in Joanne Macgregor’s Ecowarriors series. After reading and enjoying Turtle Walk, I was desperate to see what came next for the series. I had high expectations for both Rock Steady and Fault Lines, and had those expectations met with this second book.

In truth, I was a wee bit tentative at the start of Rock Steady. I was certainly enjoying it, but I was not enjoying it quite as much as I enjoyed Turtle Walk. A lot happens throughout this one and I was unsure if one aspect of it would stand out by the end or if it would be an equal level of simply enjoying it all. Fortunately, something did stand out. When this happened, I found I enjoyed this one more than Turtle Walk.

With Rock Steady, we’re given another wonderful message whilst being educated. There is plenty to learn with this one, but it’s done so in a manner that makes the book gripping. You’re pulled deep into the story, the action has you powering through the pages, and by the end of it you’ll be more than ready for Fault Lines.

Without a doubt, Joanne Macgregor continues to offer stories that hook me. With Rock Steady, I’ve now increased my expectations for Fault Line even more – and I one hundred percent believe Joanne Macgregor will amaze me once more.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment