Friday 29 November 2019

Review: A Lady's Christmas Rake

A Lady's Christmas Rake A Lady's Christmas Rake by Tammy Andresen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A Lady’s Christmas Rake contains six addictive historical romances. Anyone looking for a festive read in the genre is sure to find something enjoyable in this collect.

Within the collection, I had previously read Tammy Andresen and Scarlett Scott, with both being favourite authors in the genre. The other four – Tamara Gill, Samantha Holt, Lauren Smith, and Bree Wolf – were all on my to-read list. Thus, this was the perfect way to get more from beloved authors and to be introduced to new authors.

Taming My Christmas Rogue by Tammy Andresen was a three-star rating. It is not my favourite read from the author, but it’s a sweet quick read that holds your attention throughout. Although it is linked with one of Tammy Andresen’s series, the story works perfectly fine as a standalone.

His Lady Smuggler by Tamara Gill was another three-star rating. It is a standalone that pulls you right in, one that offers plenty to keep the reader entertained. It left me curious to see what else the author has to offer, as I powered through the story in no time.

Christmas Seduction by Samantha Holt was a four-star rating. It offered a different kind of romance to what is usually found in the genre, which had me hooked throughout. There was plenty of enjoyment to be had, with a smile planted on my face throughout.

Winter Wishes by Scarlett Scott was also a four-star rating. Although this is linked to one of the author’s series, it works perfectly fine as a standalone. It’s more of a side story, without being a direct continuation of the series. It was my favourite of the stories in this collection, giving me all the feels.

Devil at the Gates by Lauren Smith was another four-star rating. This one came close to earning the spot as my favourite in the collection. It hooked me throughout, with the story having a lot packed into it. It left me extremely eager for more of the author’s work, as I devoured this one in no time.

An Unwelcome Proposal by Bree Wolf was also a three-star rating. This story takes place within a series, but the story works perfectly fine alone. It’s an addictive read that has you curious about the rest of the series, wanting to find out more about the characters.

All in all, the six stories in this made for wonderful reading.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment