Monday 25 November 2019

Review: Hide

Hide Hide by Lisa Gardner
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Hide is the second book in the D.D. Warren series, and I found myself thinking the same thing I did when reading Alone. As with book one, Hide seemed to focus much more on Bobby Dodge than on D.D. Warren. Sure, we got more of her in this book than we did in the first, yet it was not enough. I’m still waiting for D.D. Warren to take the driver’s seat.

Although I once again found myself wanting more of D.D. Warren, this did not take away from my enjoyment of the book. As with all my Lisa Gardner reads, Hide had me addicted throughout. There were plenty of layers to this story, many elements I was curious about, and it had me guessing throughout.

I confess, I did work out the main element of the story. However, there were side details and other aspects that were a surprise to me. Thus, I did not mind the fact I worked out some of the story as the rest kept me engaged throughout.

As much as I enjoyed this second D.D. Warren book, I really do find myself hoping book three gives us more of her.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment