Saturday 9 November 2019

Review: The Bad Boy Wants Me

The Bad Boy Wants Me The Bad Boy Wants Me by Georgia Le Carre
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I seem to have read a different book to everyone else. With all the glowing reviews of this one, I expected a book that would hook me. Instead, I was given a book I found painful to work through. Thus, I’m going to assume the issue is with me with this one.

For a while, I’ve been curious about Georgia Le Carre. I have heard many good things, a few of the author’s books have left me curious to find out more, and it seemed it was time to finally dive into a book and see what I thought. The Bad Boy Wants Me should have been a book I loved, as I adore a good rock star romance, but it just didn’t do it for me.

My main issue was the writing style. It felt far too juvenile for the story. I guess I’m a bit of a writing snob, but I could not get into the way this one was told. It felt flat and I did not experience a single shot of emotion throughout. Add in the fact I did not care for the characters, and this one didn’t win me over. There was the potential with this one, as there were some interesting elements, but I found it a chore to work through instead of an enjoyable read.

As I’ve said, however, I’m the minority and I’m thinking this may well be a case of ‘it is me, not the book’.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment