Saturday 2 November 2019

Review: Twisted

Twisted Twisted by Natasha Knight
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Although Twisted is a standalone novel, to truly understand this one you need to have read the Dark Legacy duet. Our characters in this one were first introduced to us in the duet, and there are a lot of references made to events that occurred throughout the two books. Moreover, Twisted worked to answer the lingering questions from the Dark Legacy duet.

As always, Natasha Knight gives a quick read that has you addicted until the end. It’s a story you can power through, one that will leave you desperate to see how everything comes together. Although this one had me hooked and I completed it in no time at all, it’s not my favourite Natasha Knight read. As with the Dark Legacy duet, it held my attention, but I never fell as deeply in love with it as I could have.

I think a part of the reason I wasn’t crazy about this series was the way it could not decide upon the level of supernatural that was to be added. I love supernatural twists in a story, but it didn’t quite fit with this. It seemed to be there to add a little bit more to the story, but I much prefer it when we explore the supernatural more. Another reason I was a wee bit let down by this one was because I expected the story in Twisted to differ from the Dark Legacy duet. As it was, it felt too similar for my liking.

Overall, it was nice to get some answers to my lingering questions but Twisted is not my favourite Natasha Knight read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment