Wednesday 20 November 2019

Review: Nero

Nero Nero by Sarah Brianne
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Sarah Brianne’s Made Men series has been sitting on my to-read list for years. In fact, Nero has been sitting on my Kindle for over a year. I had high hopes for a series that would leave me addicted, one I would be happy to power through. Unfortunately, I belong in the minority with this one.

I think I read far too many glowing reviews for this one, which altered my expectations. Instead of being given the well-written, intricate story I had anticipated, I was given something that felt like it was trying too hard (with lines that were trying to be cruel and sexy but were not) and was filled with far too many holes (it seemed everyone knew the details of how our leading lady was injured except for the male lead, which just felt like an excuse to let him be violent). If I’d been invested, I may have been able to overlook some of these details. As I did not care for the characters and felt no connection to the story, I found myself picking at these issues instead of overlooking them.

Don’t get me wrong, there were a few points when I was interested in the story. I did read it until the end, as I wanted to see how it came together. However, these moments were not enough for me to love the story. In fact, even though I am curious about some of the characters introduced to us, those small moments of interest were not enough to have me willing to read the future books in the series.

All in all, Nero turned out not to be the book I’d been anticipating.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment