Monday 25 November 2019

Review: Out of the Ashes

Out of the Ashes Out of the Ashes by R.C. Boldt
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Out of the Ashes is the second book in R.C. Boldt’s Out of… series, but it works perfectly fine as a standalone novel. If you have read other Boldt books, including the prior book in the series, you will have a better understanding of the side characters in this one, but it is not necessary to enjoy Out of the Ashes.

Out of the Ashes is a story of healing, one that packs a serious punch throughout. You’re pulled in deep, you fall in love with the characters, and you’ll find yourself happy to devour it in a single sitting. As always, Boldt pulled out all the emotions with this one and I could not put it down.

As much as I loved this one, I did find myself with a few lingering questions. I’m hoping these will be answered in the future Out of… books, because I’m really curious to find out the reasons behind these aspects and there is the potential for answers through a certain new character.

Overall, Out of the Ashes was another wonderful read from R.C. Boldt. It was not my favourite read from the author, but every R.C. Boldt book I have read has shown itself to be wonderful.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment