Wednesday 20 November 2019

Review: The Lying Room

The Lying Room The Lying Room by Nicci French
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Lying Room is another example of how addictive I find Nicci French books. I’m not the biggest fan of what I refer to as ‘domestic thrillers’ – those books that follow family and relationship drama – but with this one I found myself addicted from the very first page.

I was pulled deep into The Lying Room, my mind constantly creating new ideas of who was behind the crime. For a long time, I thought I had it worked out, then things started to appear that made me question myself. With all the different possibilities introduced, I did not get it correct. I’m rather annoyed with myself, actually, as I should have been able to work it out. However, all the red herrings that were introduced managed to throw me off.

With my mind constantly trying to work out who was to blame, I happily powered through the story. In addition to the mystery, there is plenty of drama that has you hooked to the other details of the story as well. Combined, it’s a book that has you desperate for all the details.

All in all, Nicci French provided another addictive read with The Lying Room.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment