Thursday 28 November 2019

Review: MacNamara's Woman

MacNamara's Woman MacNamara's Woman by Alicia Scott
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

MacNamara’s Woman is the second book in the Family Secrets series, and it was another enjoyable read. As with the first book – Maggie’s Man – I found it wasn’t quite to the usual Lisa Gardner standard, but I still found it to be addictive. As Alicia Scott, Lisa Gardner focuses a lot more on the romance, meaning the suspense is not as high, but it is still an addictive read.

With MacNamara’s Woman, we have a story that works perfectly fine as a standalone novel. There are small references made to the other family members, but not enough to take away from the story. In fact, I found myself wishes we were given more. There were a few questions introduced to the overall storyline, but I would have liked to see more of the family.

Although I would have liked more for the series as a whole, as a standalone this was an addictive read. There are plenty of questions introduced throughout, ensuring you’re happy to power through the pages. Some aspects were predictable, but the way things played out offered something a bit different to the norm. Even though this was not my favourite read from the author, the story was addictive.

All in all, MacNamara’s Woman was an enjoyable read that has me curious about what will happen in the final book of the series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment