Friday 1 November 2019

Review: Perfect Crime

Perfect Crime Perfect Crime by Helen Sarah Fields
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Perfect Crime is the fifth book in the D.I. Callanach series, and it’s another addition to the series that I devoured in no time at all. Although this one had me hooked, I’m going to be honest and say it’s not my favourite book in the series.

As always, the mystery element of this book was wonderful. There were multiple elements to this one, and I was sucked in deep trying to work out how everything came together. Although I worked out how one thing came together, I did not manage to put the pieces of the other together until quite late in the book. I was convinced it was going to go a different way, and it made up for the fact I managed to work out how the bigger story played out.

As much as I enjoyed the mystery element of this one, I was disappointed by the development of the personal story between Luc and Ava. It’s something I’ve been really enjoying throughout the series, and with Perfect Crime things progress a lot. However, I wasn’t crazy about the way things developed. It didn’t quite have the emotional impact I’d expected, and I wasn’t invested in it the way I have been invested in other elements of their story. I guess I just expected more when I realised how much things progressed in this one. That’s just me, though.

Overall, Perfect Crime was another fabulous addition to the series, one that had me jumping right into book six.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment