Monday 11 November 2019

Review: Hero

Hero Hero by Julia Sykes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Hero is the thirteenth book in the Impossible series by Julia Sykes, and I’ve been eager for this one since I was first introduced to Dex. I’ve adored him as a side character, leaving me with high hopes for his story.

As always, Julia Sykes had me hooked throughout. Hero gripped me from the very start, and I could not get enough of it. Although it was a bit slower than other books in the series and the suspense was nowhere near as intense, the emotional connection I had to the story was just as strong as always. Once I started, I could not put it down. I finished it in a single sitting, unable to put the book down.

It was great to finally see Dex move beyond what happened earlier in the series, and to appreciate it in full I do recommend reading the prior books in the series. However, it always works perfectly fine as a standalone novel, as this story is wrapped up in one.

Without a doubt, Hero was a fabulous addition to the series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment