Thursday 21 November 2019

Review: Unleashed

Unleashed Unleashed by J.L. Drake
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I absolutely adored Trigger and Demons, the first two books in the Devil’s Reach series, and was desperate to devour this final book. Unfortunately, for me, Unleashed was hugely underwhelming. In fact, it was painful to finish.

As much as I loved the first two books, this one was so slow to get going. I felt like I waited far too long for things to finally kick in, and when it did it felt like there were too many unnecessary extras thrown in. There was drama I was uninterested in, drama that took away from the story I was interested in, and I found the things I did care about were too rushed for me to enjoy them.

I’m in the minority, though, and I accept that. Despite being disappointed by this ending, I remain curious about other J.L. Drake books and will give them a read to see if I enjoy the conclusion of other series from the author more.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment