Wednesday 27 November 2019

Review: Austin

Austin Austin by Felice Stevens
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Austin is basically a prequel to the first book in the Man Up series by Felice Stevens and cannot be read alone. It’s an incomplete story, simply giving us a teaser before the main story starts. It’s also necessary to read this before you start the first book, otherwise Rhoades – Undeniable will feel as though it’s starting in the middle of a story.

In truth, I’m not crazy about authors doing this. I much prefer it when all my story is included in one. Teasers and extras are okay but separating the first few chapters of a story into a separate book feels like a bit of a cheat to me.

Despite the fact I’m not crazy about this practice, Austin did have me curious enough to jump straight into Rhoades – Undeniable. If you’re planning to start the Man Up series, Austin will have you ready and willing to power through the series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment