Friday 8 November 2019

Review: Centurion

Centurion Centurion by Julia Sykes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Centurion is the eleventh book in the Impossible series by Julia Sykes and it’s another addictive read. I’ll be honest and say I wasn’t completely sucked into this one at first, but in the end I came to love it.

I think a part of the reason it took me a while to get into this one is because I’ve never been crazy about the lead character in this one. I’ve been curious about him, but I was never overly invested in him. Thus, it took a while for him to win me over.

Once he won me over and the story got going, I came to really enjoy this one. In fact, the second half of the book – when we move to the present point in the timeline – had me hooked. It was one of those cases where I needed to put the book down, but it was impossible. Thus, I devoured this one in a single sitting and was wearing a crazy smile throughout because I was hooked.

Sure, the action at the end was over with a bit too quick for my liking, but that did not lessen my enjoyment of this one. I was hooked, I could not get enough, and it’s left me eager for the next book in the Impossible series.

Without a doubt, a great addition to the series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment