Monday 11 November 2019

Review: Reaper Academy: Semester One

Reaper Academy: Semester One Reaper Academy: Semester One by Jasmine Walt
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Reaper Academy had me super curious, leaving me desperate for a new paranormal series that would have me addicted. Unfortunately, I found myself disappointed by this one.

The story was extremely similar to a lot of I have read before, and I found myself working through it making comparisons to other similar books instead of finding things that made it stand out from the crowd. It made it difficult for me to be pulled into it, as I felt like I knew what was coming. In fact, I worked out extremely easily what was coming. There was nothing surprising about the details that were revealed, to the point where I found myself annoyed by the characters being unable to work it out. Add in the fact things could have been resolved in this one book, but a childish excuse was applied and that is why there is going to be a second.

Sure, there were a few moments I enjoyed. However, these were few and far between. This one could have been a three-star rating, but those enjoyable moments were overshadowed by the numerous inconsistencies I found throughout the story. I can handle a couple, but I was pulled out of the story too often when I went into editor mode.

Overall, Reaper Academy does not seem to be for me. I’m sure some will enjoy this one, but I was let down by it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment